Saturday 8 March 2014

I Want My Morning Back!

Starting off the weekend isn't easy. For starters, last night I could afford the luxury of not setting an alarm to wake me up this morning. Oi, it's Saturday after all! Any prospective disruption to my prized morning sleep is immensely unwelcome.

(Image: Google)

  "13:01", read my phone's lock-screen. My first sight of the day. Damn, am I a slug!
So where do I stand now? Let's see. Something I've never quite got around to doing, before this moment - putting these on record for future reference; Here goes:

  • It's past noon. So technically, it's afternoon. Hence, I've deprived myself of an entire morning.
  • No Bournvita for me today. No breakfast either. Lunch will be my first undertaking now. (Man I hate missing meals!)
  • The further I delay getting off the bed to go about my chores, the groggier I'll feel through my first few strides. This one,notably, is from first-hand experience. 
The list goes on. To sum up, this can't keep happening i.e. I have realized(for the millionth time) that I should not let this happen. The way I see it,now there are two choices:- Either I take up an added responsibility of following an uncompromising regime hereon, OR, I renounce waking up altogether.

Footnote: A certain Charlie Harper from the widely popular American sitcom 'Two and a Half Men', comes to mind.
CHARLIE HARPER
[slowly making his way down the steps]
Never again! Never, ever, ever again!
BERTA
You gonna quit drinking?
CHARLIE HARPER
Don't be ridiculous! I'm gonna quit waking up.

4 comments: